Tuesday, 19 April 2011

let go

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too hard on people, especially my sister. I wonder if it is my own pride that I can't see her suffering because I dismiss things that really do bother her, that I write off her behaviour as lack of maturity. Maybe I'm the one putting up the walls between us.

She called me to her room and I went begrudgingly, expecting her to whine about something unimportant. But she opened up to me (and this is rare) about what was stressing her out, that she couldn't sleep because she had all this pent up anxiety and worries. So I sat and talked with her for a few hours, told her of my own experiences. How I would lie in my bed for hours at a time worrying about the most trivial things, and how it's hard to believe in myself, too.

I want to be a better sister, one that doesn't judge so much, one that understands her perspective more, one that can see what she's going through even though she's putting up a front so that I can be there for her when she needs it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment